Forever a Student. Dedicated Coach. Passionate Leader. Forward Thinking Entrepreneur. Community Involved Volunteer. Founder of One Sound Body.
From small beginnings as a kid, I was a multi-sport athlete and got my first taste of coaching teaching youth hockey & breakdancing. In 2005, I went to a job fair in college and was hired for my first professional coaching job at The Personal Training Institute in Port Washington, Long Island, NY. I then grew to lead the Personal Training departments at two Equinox Fitness Clubs: 85th Street Manhattan & Great Neck, NY for 7 years. Searching for an opportunity to grow, in 2012 I left corporate fitness to pursue entrepreneurship, co-owning & opening three Body King Personal Training Studios in Long Island, NY, before starting this new venture.
After successfully coaching thousands of clients & mentoring hundreds of fitness professionals over the years, teaching exercise science wasn’t enough. The mission since founding One Sound Body has been to bridge a huge gap between Nutrition Education and Fitness Education. Most gyms have a juice bar, yet they lack a qualified state licensed Dietitian Nutritionist to truly teach members how, what, when, and why to eat. Fitness and Nutrition are symbiotic of each other and most people need an individualized tailored approach to both. That’s why One Sound Body was created.
- Master’s Degree in Dietetics & state license as a Registered Dietician Nutritionist (in progress)
- Bachelor’s Degree from the New York Institute of Technology (NYIT)
- Associate’s Degree in Food & Nutrition from Nassau Community College
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) with the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Serv Safe Food Protection Manager
- Precision Nutrition Level 2 Coach
- Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Certified Golf Fitness Coach
- IM=X Pilates
- Pre/Post Natal
- Kettlebell Concepts
- Active Isolated Stretching
- Past-President, Floral Park Chamber of Commerce (2020-2018)
- 2015 Business Person of the Year recognition by the Nassau Council of Chambers of Commerce
CALOGERO “COACH CEE” CURCURU, ATC
After spending 4 years playing collegiate soccer, Calogero graduated from Dominican College with a Bachelors of Science in Athletic Training. Currently employed by Northwell Health as the Senior Athletic Trainer at West Hempstead High School, COACH “CEE” brings extensive comprehension in both orthopedics and rehabilitation, which allows his versatility to work with all ages and to help those in with aches and pain as well as those that want to reach overall fitness goals.
“My love for wellness and sports is what lead me down this path to become an Athletic Trainer. I want to bring out the best in my clients and help them achieve their goals.”
Along with my state licensure in Athletic Training, COACH CEE also a certified Corrective Exercise Specialist.