From small beginnings as a kid, I was a multi-sport athlete and got my first taste of coaching youth sports. In 2005, I was hired for my first professional coaching job at The Personal Training Institute in Port Washington, Long Island, NY. I then grew to lead the Personal Training departments at two Equinox Fitness Clubs: 85th Street Manhattan & Great Neck, NY for 7 years. Searching for an opportunity to grow, in 2012 I left corporate fitness to pursue entrepreneurship, co-owning & opening three Body King Personal Training Studios in Long Island, NY.
After successfully coaching thousands of clients & mentoring hundreds of fitness professionals over the years, I noticed a huge problem in fitness. There is no facility that offers accredited nutrition counseling and high-caliber fitness coaching. I founded One Sound Body in order to bridge a huge gap between the nutrition and fitness industries. Fitness and nutrition are symbiotic of each other and many people can benefit from an individualized tailored approach to both.
- Master’s Degree in Dietetics from Long Island University (in progress) & Registered Dietitian Nutritionist to be!
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nutrition & Dietetics Long Island University
- Associate of Science Degree in Food & Nutrition from Nassau Community College
Certifications & Memberships
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) with the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Serv Safe Food Protection Manager
- Precision Nutrition Level 2 Coach
- Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Certified Golf Fitness Coach
- IM=X Pilates
- Pre/Post Natal
- Kettlebell Concepts
- Active Isolated Stretching
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Member
- Immediate Past-President, Floral Park Chamber of Commerce (President 2020-2018, Board Member since 2014)
- 2015 Business Person of the Year recognition by the Nassau Council of Chambers of Commerce
Calogero “Coach Cee” Curcuru, B.S., ATC, CES
After spending 4 years playing collegiate soccer, Calogero graduated from Dominican College with a Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training. Currently employed by Northwell Health as the Senior Athletic Trainer at West Hempstead High School, COACH “CEE” brings extensive comprehension in both orthopedics and rehabilitation, which allows his versatility to work with all ages and to help those in with aches and pain as well as those that want to reach overall fitness goals.
“My love for wellness and sports is what lead me down this path to become an Athletic Trainer. I want to bring out the best in my clients and help them achieve their goals.”
Along with my state licensure in Athletic Training, COACH CEE is also a NASM certified Corrective Exercise Specialist.
Chelsea Clarke, M.S., RDN & Owner of Balance Chaos
Chelsea is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and a Certified Personal Trainer. She received her Master’s in Food Policy and Applied Nutrition from Tufts University Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy. Her interest in food and nutrition initially began in studying the relationship between agriculture and climate change, and she received her B.S. in Environmental Science and International Agriculture at Cornell University.
Chelsea’s approach to nutrition is to meet clients where they are at, guiding them forward step-by-step, and addressing obstacles and barriers to change as they come. Together, she works with clients to challenge food beliefs, build a well-rounded nutritional knowledge base, and identify long-lasting motivations to fuel and nourish the body and develop a healthy relationship with food.
Outside of her work, Chelsea loves to read, travel, and tackle new skills that challenge her brain and her body, like teaching herself how to longboard, practicing self-defense techniques, or learning new skills on aerial ropes.